Everytime Might Just Be the Friendliest App for Filmmaking Teams to Collect and Share Visuals
You are working on a project and just found the perfect shot on Vimeo or Youtube to explain to your cinematographer what you just found and why you think it can help you. Up until now, to do all that you had three options:
- – take a screen cap and email explanatory notes along with it
- – find a way to capture the video, and send it by email, wetransfer or dropbox along with your notes
- – email the link, tell your DP where to look at and send notes of course.
None of these options are bad per say, they just imply unnecessary and time consuming steps, create mandatory back and forth to make sure everybody is on the same page, and on the long run, a gazillion emails, because when you prep for a film, you are going to send a lot of those.
It’s while prepping for his own short film that Guillaume Fradin realized that a tool was missing to help filmmakers and their collaborators build visual books and communicate efficiently regarding specific aspect of filmmaking. And thus was born Everytime:
With Everytime, I can just watch any video, online or offline and if I see a moment I think might be useful to a project I am working on, I can just bookmark it and my whole team will be able to view it immediately. I can then also add a title like “might be a good ref for lighting in scene 3”. At which point the DOP could comment “Nice, but I was thinking more about that other scene in that movie” and add himself a bookmark.Conversations can then happen very fast, as everyone understand what is being discussed and no one looses any creative juice. Everyone is stimulated. It is not just more pleasant for everyone, the end product also gets dramatically improved.
As we’ve seen before, communication is key between the members of a filmmaking team, and even more so during pre-production, where everybody tries to define the visual world the story is going to take place in. Everytime is not free, but it comes with different pricing plan, depending on your needs, as well as a demo option, where you can play around with the tools for free and get a better understanding of what it can do.
Last but not least: even though Everytime is pretty new, it is already used and recommend by Tony Zhou, that you probably already know through his series of excellent video essays. Zhou is now using Everytime not only to build his videos but also to add bonus commentaries for his Patrons. Being one of them, I can only tell you from the viewer perspective how pleasant and efficient it is to look through commentaries via Everytime. So to keep in mind, there is more than one way Everytime can be used to share your work.
For more, check Everytime’s website.
Error: Your Requested widget "colorful text widget " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area add-widget-after-content]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-34"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar0]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-38"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar1]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-33"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar2]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-26"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar3]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-11"]
- [do_widget_area hb-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-29"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-19"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-32"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-16"]
- [do_widget id="facebooklikebox-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-8"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-37"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-39"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-35"]
- [do_widget_area hb-side-section-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-28"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-21"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_1]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-23"]
- [do_widget id="advads_ad_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="advads_ad_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_2]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-13"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_3]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-5"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-12"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-9"]
- [do_widget id="text-7"]
- [do_widget id="categories-3"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-36"]
check the archives for a taste of it.