In 2015, We Don’t Have Any Reason to Stay Isolated While We Create #ourcreativeboat
Why Do We Keep Setting Up Secret Goals ?
Most of us use a change of year to reset our goals, give up some, pick up others, and mostly, carry on for another round of creative madness, between paid jobs and waves of uncertainty.
Sometimes it feels great, and sometimes it feels lonely. Especially when you have a million of baby steps ahead of you to take in order to complete your project and reach that moment where it is acceptable to talk about your work, share it and hope that others will connect and respond to it.
It occurred to me that, in 2015, there is no reason why we should keep behaving like isolated anonymous creators.
Why not start sharing, connecting and caring about each other way earlier than that? Why wait until the project is done?
Cultivating Vulnerability to Empower Creativity
Last week I asked my subscribers to email me their creative goals for 2015, saying that I would email them back mine, so we could support one another and feel a bit more accountable. And it is exactly what happened. In a week I connected with creatives from all six continents who are all working on very different projects, with different experiences, backgrounds and goals. And it’s been awesome. I have also started working really seriously on writing a feature screenplay I had postponing for a year, because I had spent the week telling other creative souls that that’s what I would do.
Let’s be vulnerable together!
Being creative means being vulnerable, and it’s a hard thing to do, but when you know you’re not alone, and others are going through the same process, it gets easier and it even feels sometimes, that the others’ presence lift you up.
#ourcreativegoal = a Hashtag to Connect Without Borders and Stay Kind
Since we all have access to this wonderful free tools that are the Internet and the Social Media, let’s abuse them!
- You can be working on your creative projects every day, once a week or once a month.
- You can be working on a filmmaking related project or not.
It doesn’t matter.
What matters is to take a leap of faith, put ourself out there, give space to our voice and connect and support one another.
I’ve been using the #ourcreativeboat hashtag on my accounts for the last couple of days and, as a result, have seen several people sharing their own creative goals for that same day in the comment section; sharing what is usually kept behind closed doors.
And it felt great.
It feels great to hear from other people who are pushing themselves, and who are excited to do so. Yes we might all fail, or give up along the way for X and Y reason, fortunately, nobody ever died of failing to write four pages of a screenplay, drawing, taking pictures, editing etc. So why the heck not doing it!
To Take a Leap of Faith or Not to Take a Leap of Faith…
This article might end up vanishing instantaneously in the grand tsunami of articles published on the Internet but, if while reading this you felt a tingle of excitement and fear at the idea of sharing your daily creative goals with other makers, consider joining this 2015 creative journey!
Share pictures, your thoughts, breakthrough, doubts and everything in between that hasn’t been foreseen yet, along with the #ourcreativeboat hashtag, and I’ll find you, and others will find us.
Consider waving, and I’ll wave back so we will know that we are not alone. There is no reason why we should still behave as if we are.
We are all in the same creative boat.
So let’s enjoy the ride together!
Error: Your Requested widget "colorful text widget " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area add-widget-after-content]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-34"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-41"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar0]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-38"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar1]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-33"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar2]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-26"]
- [do_widget_area custom-sidebar3]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-11"]
- [do_widget_area hb-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-29"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-19"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-32"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-37"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-35"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-16"]
- [do_widget id="facebooklikebox-4"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-40"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-39"]
- [do_widget id="text-8"]
- [do_widget_area hb-side-section-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-28"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-21"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_1]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-23"]
- [do_widget id="advads_ad_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="advads_ad_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_2]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-13"]
- [do_widget_area orphaned_widgets_3]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-5"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-12"]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-9"]
- [do_widget id="text-7"]
- [do_widget id="categories-3"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="wysiwyg_widgets_widget-36"]
Mentorless is a blog for indie filmmakers, storytellers & storymakers with a diy spirit to find tips and nurture their craft and creativity. Read more